SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday October 26, 2013
7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
The Money Conference for Women is a free conference, brought to you by YWCA Hartford Region with Honorary Chair Connecticut State Treasurer Denise L. Nappier, focusing on money management, investment strategies and retirement planning for women of all ages, economic backgrounds and levels of financial knowledge.
The program is designed to address the special challenges women face in their work and personal lives:
- Three out of four working women earn less than $30,000 per year
- Women earn less and receive half the average pension benefits of men
- Women live longer than men, requiring their money to last longer
- Women have more sporadic work histories as a result of caring for children or elderly parents
- 71% of the nation's 4 million elderly poor are women
- Women tend to be more intimidated about financial issues, less informed about ways to secure their financial future and are more conservative investors
The conference features recognized leaders in the financial services industry who offer practical advice and tools to help participants design and implement an effective money management strategy.
Keynote Presentation: Stacey Tisdale
Broadcast journalist Stacey Tisdale has reported on business and financial issues for more than 15 years. Ms. Tisdale promises to bring a unique perspective to managing both money and your life. She is the author of the book The True Cost of Happiness: The Real Story Behind Managing Your Money.
Financial Focus Workshops:
Following an overview of money management, participants can attend two Financial Focus Workshops on a topic suited to their life stage and needs.
Presenters offer practical tools on a variety of topics that have included:
- Advanced Investing and Estate Planning Basics
- Basic Budgeting
- Exploring Electricity
- Getting Started in Investing
- Making Debt and Credit Work for You
- Making It On Your Own: Financial Independence for Young Women
- Preparing for Homeownership
- Protecting Your Assets
- Retirement Planning: A Reality Check
- Your Financial Makeover: Real Tips and Tools
Conference registrants may explore different services provided by various vendors in the financial services industries as well as other services available to women and their families.
A project of:
Donate now to support the Money Conference for Women